Research Methods in Psychology BPC-003 Assignment Solution
Hello everyone, You have to complete one Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) for each of the courses in the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Psychology. Each assignment has questions which have to be answered.
Before you attempt the assignments, please read the instructions carefully provided in the Programme Guide. It is important that you write the answers to all the TMA questions in your own words. Your answers should be within the approximate range of the word limit set for a particular section. Remember, writing answers to assignment questions will improve and sharpen your understanding of the concept.
You need to submit all the assignments within the stipulated time for being eligible to appear in the term-end examination. The completed assignments should be submitted as per the following schedule.
|Session||Last Date of Submission||Have to Submit to|
|For July 2022 Session
For January 2023 Session
30th September 2023
The Coordinator of the
Study Centre allotted to you
(Please check the updates
Please obtain a receipt from the study centre for the assignments submitted and retain it. Also, keep a photocopy of the assignments with you. The Study Centre will return the assignments to you after they are evaluated. The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator / Programme In-charge of the Study Centre/ Programme Study Centre allotted to you. Under any circumstances do not send the tutor-marked response sheets to the Student Evaluation Division at Head Quarters for evaluation.
IGNOU BPC-003 Solved Assignment Research Methods in Psychology
Course Code: BPC-003
Assignment Code: BPC- 003/ASST/TMA/2022-23
NOTE: All questions are compulsory.
Section – A
Answer the following question in about 1000 words each. 15×3=45 marks
1. Explain the different steps of designing a case study research.
2. How can you construct a questionnaire for survey research?
3. Explain the meaning, characteristics and functions of the hypothesis.
Section – B
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each. 5×5=25 marks
5. Guidelines for writing a summary.
6. Advantages and disadvantages of an experiment.
7. Differences between field study and survey research.
8. Goals and objectives of psychological research.
Section – C
Answer the following in about 50 words each 10×3=30 marks
10. Purpose of content analysis.
12. Difference between direct and indirect observation.
13. Purpose of qualitative research.
14. Difference between individual tests and group tests.
16. Meaning of grey literature.
17. Importance of writing an abstract in a research report.
18. Concept of structured observation